We meet every Sunday at 10:30 virtually via Zoom. The Meeting House remains open as always. (For Covid-19 protocols see below.) Except for the first sunday each month we join the zoom meeting and the inperson meeting to have a hybrid meeting for worship.
First Sunday of the month is “Singing Sunday.” We sing together at the Meeting House after worship then have refreshments and fellowship. The zoom meeting is held separately for this meeting only.
Third Sunday of the month (except in August) – Zoom Meeting for Worship with Attention to Business begins at 12:45 PM.
First and third Wednesdays of the month, 10:00 AM – Coldstream Community Gatherings on Zoom
Last Thursday of month, 10:00 AM – Coldstream Zoom book discussion
Alternate Fridays, 1:30-3:00 PM CFHA’s “Friendly Friday” discussion of George Fox’s journal
It is really easy to register–just submit your name and email address in the following link and submit. You’ll then be prompted “review your registration” which will then take you to a confirmation page. No need to be a member of CFHA (Canadian Friends Historical Association) to join. https://cfha.b.civicrm.ca/civicrm/event/register?reset=1&id=3
Pelham Half Yearly Meeting: Sunday April 30th over Zoom.
A schedule for the day will be shared in upcoming weeks, but we wanted to share that the afternoon program will be a workshop presented by the Anti-Racism Committee (ARC) of Pelham Executive Meeting (PEM). It will run from 2:30pm-4:30pm Eastern Time.
The topic is Becoming an Active Bystander. The following description is shared from the Anti-Racism Committee:
Wondering what to do or say when it seems as if someone is being hurt?
Have you felt threatened or hurt and wished someone might speak up or step up to help? Have you witnessed someone else being threatened or hurt and wondered what to do? Please send scenarios from Quaker activities or other life situations which could help us prepare plans a bystander could use. Please send by March 31st to ARC Committee member Madelyn Mackay: email@example.com or call 1-250-505-4122.
ARC, the Anti Racism Committee of Pelham Executive Meeting, presents this workshop as part of a series of opportunities to learn about racial justice. Everyone is welcome- feel free to invite others within the Quaker and wider communities.
Contributions are appreciated to the ARC Speakers Fund for future events. You can do this via Niagara Quakers on Canada Helps and in the space for “Send a message to this charity”, specify it is for the ARC Speaker Fund.
If you are attending a worship meeting via Zoom:
- The Zoom meeting opens at 10:15. Please do your best to join the meeting no later than 10:25 so that the host, who must admit people to the meeting, can settle into the silence with everyone else at 10:30.
- If you need to join the meeting after 10:30, you are most welcome, just as you would be at the Meeting House. Please be aware though that there may be a delay in the host admitting you as there is no sound cue that you are waiting, and it is possible that the host may not see you at all.
- Before the meeting starts, please check that you are muted and mute yourself if you are not. This prevents sounds from everyone on Zoom being heard.
- If you wish to offer vocal ministry, unmute yourself and begin by identifying yourself (“This is Tom,” or “Pat speaking.”) Please mute yourself when you have finished.
- The silence will come to a close with a statement of welcome.
If you are attending the Coldstream Meeting House in person please:
- Sanitize your hands when entering and exiting the building. Hand sanitizer is on the table by the guest book.
- Maintain social distancing in your seating.