We meet every Sunday at 10:30 at the Meeting House and virtually via Zoom. (For Covid-19 protocols see below.)
Third Sunday of the month (except in August) – we also have an in-person and Zoom Meeting for Worship with Attention to Business which begins at 12:30 PM. Please bring a bag lunch and your own beverage as we will not be potlucking due to Covid-19.
Friday, November 20, 1:30-3:00 PM “Friendly Friday” discussion of George Fox’s journal
“I attended the session on Oct. 2. The reading was sent out in advance, and it caught my interest in learning more about George Fox and his experience. During the session, we read a section from Fox’s journal, and then stopped for discussion along the way. I’m so glad to have attended this session because it helped me deepen my knowledge of a foundational text to understand what led up to the development of the Religious Society of Friends and to compare and contrast this with our modern Quaker experience.” Donna M.
It is really easy to register–just submit your name and email address in the following link and submit. You’ll then be prompted “review your registration” which will then take you to a confirmation page. No need to be a member of CFHA to join. https://cfha.b.civicrm.ca/civicrm/event/register?reset=1&id=3
If you are attending a Coldstream meeting in person please follow these guidelines to keep everyone safe:
- Sanitize your hands when entering and exiting the building. Hand sanitizer is on the table by the guest book.
- Maintain social distancing in your seating and as you visit with one another.
- A Zoom meeting is running on a laptop and is displayed on a TV. You will see those who are joining us via Zoom. You will hear their voices through the TV’s speakers.
- If you offer vocal ministry, please begin by identifying yourself (“This is Tom,” or “Pat speaking.”) and speak distinctly turning toward the TV. This will help those on Zoom participate fully.
- The silence will come to a close with a statement of welcome rather than the traditional shaking of hands.
If you are attending a meeting via Zoom:
- Those attending via Zoom will be displayed and heard on a TV in the Meeting House.
- The Zoom meeting opens at 10:15. Please do your best to join the meeting no later than 10:25 so that the host, who must admit people to the meeting, can settle into the silence with everyone else at 10:30.
- If you need to join the meeting after 10:30, you are most welcome, just as you would be at the Meeting House. Please be aware though that there may be a delay in the host admitting you as there is no sound cue that you are waiting, and it is possible that the host may not see you at all.
- Before the meeting starts, please check that you are muted and mute yourself if you are not. This prevents sounds from everyone on Zoom being heard. You will hear the sounds at the Meeting House as we leave that mike open.
- If you wish to offer vocal ministry, unmute yourself and begin by identifying yourself (“This is Tom,” or “Pat speaking.”) Please mute yourself when you have finished.
- The silence will come to a close with a statement of welcome.