We meet every Sunday at 10:30 virtually via Zoom. The Meeting House remains open as always. (For Covid-19 protocols see below.)
Third Sunday of the month (except in August) – Zoom Meeting for Worship with Attention to Business begins at 12:45 PM.
First and third Wednesdays of the month, 10:00 AM – Coldstream Community Gatherings to reconvene in November
Last Thursday of month, 10:00 AM – Coldstream Zoom book discussion
Alternate Fridays, 1:30-3:00 PM CFHA’s “Friendly Friday” discussion of George Fox’s journal
It is really easy to register–just submit your name and email address in the following link and submit. You’ll then be prompted “review your registration” which will then take you to a confirmation page. No need to be a member of CFHA (Canadian Friends Historical Association) to join. https://cfha.b.civicrm.ca/civicrm/event/register?reset=1&id=3
Pelham Half Yearly Meeting, Sunday October 23, 9:00-12:00, hosted by Yarmouth Monthly Meeting, online
Using Our Spiritual Experience to Revitalize & Grow Our Meetings
Questions to consider for worship sharing:
• What has your meeting done to revitalize itself with joy and hope for the future? Are there plans you can share?
• What resource (book, podcast, documentary, experience etc.) would you recommend to Friends who are feeling overwhelmed or even hopeless in light
of the world’s challenges?
• How did you find your path to Quakerism? Examining our diverse and personal pathways to the Society of Friends, we may be better able to consider ways to
find those people who are seeking a spiritual community. What is it about your meeting that makes you stay?
If you are attending a worship meeting via Zoom:
- The Zoom meeting opens at 10:15. Please do your best to join the meeting no later than 10:25 so that the host, who must admit people to the meeting, can settle into the silence with everyone else at 10:30.
- If you need to join the meeting after 10:30, you are most welcome, just as you would be at the Meeting House. Please be aware though that there may be a delay in the host admitting you as there is no sound cue that you are waiting, and it is possible that the host may not see you at all.
- Before the meeting starts, please check that you are muted and mute yourself if you are not. This prevents sounds from everyone on Zoom being heard.
- If you wish to offer vocal ministry, unmute yourself and begin by identifying yourself (“This is Tom,” or “Pat speaking.”) Please mute yourself when you have finished.
- The silence will come to a close with a statement of welcome.
If you are attending the Coldstream Meeting House in person please:
- Sanitize your hands when entering and exiting the building. Hand sanitizer is on the table by the guest book.
- Maintain social distancing in your seating.