We meet every Sunday at 10:30 virtually via Zoom. The Meeting House remains open as always. (For Covid-19 protocols see below.)
Third Sunday of the month (except in August) – Zoom Meeting for Worship with Attention to Business begins at 12:45 PM.
Saturday, Garden Party June 11, 2:00-3:30 PM Interfaith Refugee Group Outdoor Gathering, an opportunity to meet the newest arrivals. Ron and Jenny Nauta are providing entertainment.
Coldstream Quaker Meeting House
359 Quaker Lane – Ilderton, Ontario (beside the Coldstream Conservation Area)
The Interfaith Refugee Committee (which includes Benedict Labre Community, Coldstream Quaker Meeting, members and supporters) invites you to a Garden Party on June 11. Come and meet some of the newcomers to Canada. Enjoy some great music and light refreshments. Learn more about upcoming sponsorships. In light of the pandemic, this is planned as an outdoor event although we may need to move indoors if it rains (bring your mask, please).
Although the focus is a meet and greet, at 2:15 we will have a program with music provided by Ron and Jenny Nauta and introductions and remarks will be given.
The Interfaith Refugee Sponsorship Committee would like you to meet the latest arrivals
We are grateful to all our supporters for your encouragement, practical support and donations. We acknowledge and welcome members of the Medical Imaging Committee, through whose generous financial contribution we were able to bring a Kurdish family to Canada.
Our committee receives many requests to help refugees come to Canada. If you feel led to make a financial contribution or wish to get involved in the settlement process but can’t come to this party, please let us know.
If you wish to support the sponsorships, cheques can be brought to the Meeting House or mailed to:
Carl Thomas, 303 Quaker Lane, Ilderton, ON N0M2A0
Please make cheques payable to: Coldstream Monthly Meeting and write Refugees on the memo line. Charitable receipts will be available.
E transfers are also available: email@example.com
Please bring a lawn chair or two for your comfort!
Come and join us to meet our new friends and enjoy the afternoon. For more information, call Pat Howe-Loebach @ 519-434-4180 or Joyce Holwerda (firstname.lastname@example.org )
Plan to come early or stay a while if you want to explore Coldstream Conservation Area. Here is a picture of the Coldstream Conservation Area nature trail.
Last Thursday of month, 10:00 AM – Coldstream Zoom book discussion
Alternate Fridays, 1:30-3:00 PM CFHA’s “Friendly Friday” discussion of George Fox’s journal
It is really easy to register–just submit your name and email address in the following link and submit. You’ll then be prompted “review your registration” which will then take you to a confirmation page. No need to be a member of CFHA (Canadian Friends Historical Association) to join. https://cfha.b.civicrm.ca/civicrm/event/register?reset=1&id=3
If you are attending a worship meeting via Zoom:
- The Zoom meeting opens at 10:15. Please do your best to join the meeting no later than 10:25 so that the host, who must admit people to the meeting, can settle into the silence with everyone else at 10:30.
- If you need to join the meeting after 10:30, you are most welcome, just as you would be at the Meeting House. Please be aware though that there may be a delay in the host admitting you as there is no sound cue that you are waiting, and it is possible that the host may not see you at all.
- Before the meeting starts, please check that you are muted and mute yourself if you are not. This prevents sounds from everyone on Zoom being heard.
- If you wish to offer vocal ministry, unmute yourself and begin by identifying yourself (“This is Tom,” or “Pat speaking.”) Please mute yourself when you have finished.
- The silence will come to a close with a statement of welcome.
If you are attending the Coldstream Meeting House in person please:
- Sanitize your hands when entering and exiting the building. Hand sanitizer is on the table by the guest book.
- Maintain social distancing in your seating.